This policy is provided for all Skatescool, and Skatercise members in order to meet the following objectives in relation to extreme weather conditions particularly in the case of hot weather, but also in other circumstances such as severe storms, electrical storms or extremely cold conditions.
1. To provide guidelines for members so that their duty of care responsibilities are acknowledged and addressed and to ensure that the Association has acted responsibly in these circumstances.
2. To establish structures and procedures to assist members in making decisions efficiently.
3. To establish consistency of practice. For information on beating the Heat, go to:
Extreme heat conditions
If the forecast is more than Jr 35o/ Seniors 40obut conditions are thought extreme (ie build up of continual days of heat), a blanket cancellation will be issued regardless of the temperature. (students to contact Skatescool on 8431 2792)
Skatescool's heat policy needs to be activated in conjunction with the heat policy of the venue & State Branch Risk
1. If indoor venue is air conditioned & turned on
• Skatescool or Skatercise lessons may be held but all commonsense needs to prevail
• When the lessons are held vigilance must be high, participants should be provided with sufficient hydration and modifications may be necessary
2. If indoor venue is not air-conditioned
• Juniors - over 35oall Skating events should be cancelled (as per the Advertiser)
• Seniors - over 40oall Skating events should be cancelled (as per the Advertiser)
Updates will also be on our facebook pages Skatescool.